About This Text
This text was prepared by Lisa Ripperton, using
as copytext, Eastern Stories and Legends, by
Marie L. Shedlock, 1920.
Since this book was first published before 1923, it is in the public domain
in the United States. By
U.S. law, it entered the public domain 75 years after
its first publication.
The html files comprising this text have the following characteristics:
- Paragraph indentation is controlled by a cascading style sheet.
- Page numbers of the original book are not included as comments of the form <! Page nn>.
- Spacing for verses is hard-coded.
- Editorial changes are not noted in comments.
- There were no images in the original text and so none are included.
- The header is a simple box containing the title.